During our 6th week of Summer Fun, we have investigated “All About People”! Exploring relationships through team building exercises and games, and our role in caring for the earth and each other, we had a blast in every class!
Last week we took an up close look at some unique and amazing animals. We played some wild games, had a wild time and made some cute crafts!
With jellyfish snacks, shark teeth, sea silhouettes and more, we found all sorts of creative ways to investigate life under the sea. Here are just a few pictures from our fun week!
On this rainy week of Summer Fun, we have gotten up close and personal with some amazing insects. Learning all about bugs, we’ve had bug hunts, special ladybug snacks, lots of fun and cute crafts! Here’s a look at our week:
This week we investigated the life cycle of plants, looking closely at seeds, roots, stems and flowers! Take a look at our research from this fun week together:
What a great first week of Summer Fun here at MBPCP! We explored the “Mysteries of the Earth” by digging deep to discover fossils, rocks, dinosaurs and more. Our summer detectives had an archaeology dig, adopted pet rocks and made their own fossils.
We can’t wait to see what’s in store for next week, when we see what can grow in the earth, with our theme “Seed to Food: the Life Cycle of Plants”!
Summer Fun begins June 5th, and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back to MBPCP!
Our program this summer is going to be FULL of imagination, creativity, science and special events!
Here are a few reminders and some fun news, so your child can enjoy every second of our Summer Fun Program, “It’s Elementary”!
Sunshine Bunch (8:00-9:00) & Wee Play (1:00-2:15) will also be offered this summer.
Register for these extended programs on the separate forms listed below, and turn into the school as soon as possible to secure your child’s spot!
Summer Fun 2017 Sunshine Bunch Registration Form
Summer Fun 2017 Wee Play Registration Form
Detective Code & Procedures
- Send your child a ready-to-eat lunch every day, with an ice pack & drink. We eat at 11:00.
- Send your child a LABELED WATER BOTTLE (or sippy cup) for outdoor play:
- WE HAVE A WATER BOTTLE FUNDRAISER! Follow the link below to preorder your high quality Contigo Gizmo water bottle, in blue with the MBPC Preschool logo. Great for all ages! $15 each, and proceeds go straight back to the school. Order now, and receive your water bottle upon payment. You can pay with Paypal through our website, or with cash or check to MBPC Preschool.
- Apply SUNSCREEN & BUG SPRAY, if desired, before school
- Send your child a change of clothes in a labeled ziploc bag
- For younger children, send diapers…we provide the wipes!
- CARPOOL for Toddlers and up will be on the preschool office side of the school and CARPOOL for our Infants will be on the Sanctuary side of the church.
- Morning Carpool is from 8:55-9:10; Afternoon Carpool is from 12:50-1:00; a late fee of $1 a minute will be assessed for pick ups after 1:00, or after 2:15 for Wee Play. Please do not walk through the carpool line or park in the fire lane.
- 2nd half of Summer Fun payments & all Sunshine Bunch and Wee Play payments are due June 23th; a reminder will be sent home showing the amount owed
- MBPC Preschool must have a current Immunization Card on file for your child to attend
- If you are a new student, please fill out the Summer Fun 2017 Student Info & Medical Release Form, if you have not done so already.
- We are unable to provide make-up days due to absences or inclement weather closings
- We are unable to swap days, but you may add days if available
Payment must be made in a timely manner to secure the registration. We accept checks to MBPC Preschool, cash, or you may pay with PayPal via our website, but you must add 4% to the total to cover the PayPal fee.
If you would like to register for more days, many classes are currently full, but a waiting list is available. Closed classes are noted next to the date on the registration form.
Summer Fun Online Registration
- WHEN: Join us Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 9:00-1:00 during the 8 weeks listed below. We also have Sunshine Bunch (8:00-9:00) and Wee Play (1:00-2:15) available. Looking deep in the earth to outer space, we will put on our detective hats, grab our magnifying glasses and get up close to the mysteries all around! Through art, music, science, math, special events and of course tons of fun, we will follow the clues and investigate our world during this year’s Summer Fun!
- WHAT: Summer Fun is a unique, creative summer camp offered at Mountain Brook Presbyterian Church Preschool (MBPCP) for children ages 3 months to completed 2nd grade. We tailor our program to the age and developmental level of our classes. Our youngest participants receive lots of love, engaging in simple crafts and fun activities, while our older students dive into more challenging, interactive and exciting projects and experiments!
- HOW: To register for our Summer Fun program, choose your desired dates on the registration form, then return the completed form with the supply fee and the first 1/2 of your payment to the preschool office. The second 1/2 of your payment will be due by June 23. You may also pay in full upon registration.