Here at MBPC Preschool, we create a warm and loving environment in which your child will participate in a variety of age-appropriate activities in order to foster holistic growth. To help your child grow socially, intellectually, and spiritually, our school will engage your child by encouraging:
- creative exploration of his or her environment
- positive interaction with teachers and other children
- learning to respond, sing and listen to different kinds of music
- immersion in stories, poetry, dramatizations, puppetry and books
- using play equipment to aid in physical development
- engaging play with manipulative materials such as: paints, clay, crayons, scissors, glue, puzzles and other craft items.
These experiences are designed to strengthen a child’s self concept and understanding of his or her surroundings, such as:
- working as an individual
- solving problems in everyday life
- respecting other’s rights and being respected by others
- developing the feeling that school is a place where he/she can find love and understanding
- understanding that he/she is special and has worth to himself or herself and to others
Once a true sense of self worth is established, a child will have the firm foundation upon which to build their future successes.