We have many important policies at MBPCP to keep your children safe, and to make our school the best it can be. Below you will find our Emergency Procedures. We have several safety drills each month, and all staff are informed of procedures, locations of first aid kits and emergency medications, and emergency meeting locations.
In case of FIRE
- 10 short bell rings alert you to a fire or drill
- close doors and evacuate in a calm manner through the nearest exit, as designated on our evacuation map
- stay in the designated outdoor area until cleared to reenter
In case of SEVERE WEATHER
- 1 long continuous bell ring alerts you to severe weather, i.e. tornado threat
- close doors and evacuate class into the designated hallways
- children must sit against the wall quietly
- assume tornado position when threat is imminent
- stay in the designated area until cleared to reenter classrooms
In case of POWER FAILURE
- Children will remain seated in the room with the teacher
- Flashlights will be distributed
- Parents will be notified for pick up
In case of LOCKDOWN
- Doors will be locked
- Blinds will be closed where possible
- Children will be moved to inside classrooms with no windows where possible
- Children will be moved out of sight to the designated safe area in each classroom
- No one will be permitted to enter or leave the building, unless evacuation is necessary
- If possible, an emergency email/text will be sent out explaining the circumstance.
- Lockdown will continue until the school receives an “all clear” signal from emergency personnel. Please do not call the school so the phone will be available to emergency personnel.
- If evacuation is necessary, children will be taken quickly and calmly to the far end of the parking lot on the Sanctuary side to the open grass area, sitting in class groups.
Parent Notification Procedure:
- Parents will be notified of emergencies and evacuations through email & text, then phone calls
- All children are to be picked up outside of the St. Stephen’s building (regular carpool location)
- If the St. Stephen’s building is under threat, children will be calmly taken to the far end of the parking lot on the Sanctuary side to the open grass area, sitting in class groups, to be picked up
- The school has an emergency preparedness bag easily accessible with all contact information, allergy information, and other necessities